Willis Luedke - Vice Chair
Crete, NE 68333
Marvin Kohout - Chair
|1214 State Hwy 15
Dorchester, NE 68343
|315 N. Shimerda
Wilber, NE 68465
|1000 S. Main
Wilber NE 68465
|1426 Hawthorne Ave
Crete, NE 68333
The primary responsibilities of the County Board of Commissioners are: the management of county funds; care for county property; adoption of the county budget; setting of tax levies and salaries of elected and appointed county officials; administration of several programs established by state law.
Here are some FAQ’s regarding the Saline County Commissioners:
- Where is the Saline County Board of Commissioners Office located? The Saline County Commissioners Board Room is located on the second floor in the Saline County Courthouse at 215 S. Court, Wilber, NE 68465. You can also contact the County Board by phone at (402) 821-2501; by fax at (402)-821-3381.
- How many Commissioners are on the Saline County Board? Saline County has five Commissioners with each one representing a different district in the County.
- How long does each Saline County Commissioner serve? County Commissioners serve four-year terms. County Commissioners are elected. When a Commissioner is unable to complete his or her term, a committee made up of the County Attorney, County Clerk and County Treasurer appoint a successor for the remainder of the term.
- How often do the County Commissioners meet? Saline County Commissioners meet at the Saline County Courthouse 2nd floor board room every other Tuesdays beginning at 9:15 a.m.
- Are County Board meetings televised or video recorded? No, however the minutes of every meeting are published in local newspapers the week following the actual meeting.
- Can the public attend County Board meetings? Absolutely.
- How can I find out what is on the agenda for a commissioner meeting? This website has the meeting, agenda and minutes of previous meetings.